About the service:
In accordance with the Law, all telecom equipment imported into the Kingdom of Bahrain shall be subject to the Type Approval Regulation Click here before it is made readily available in the local market.
All Type approval applicants must be local commercially registered companies and follow the below process:
Step 1: Supplier/Dealer Registration
- Fill in and submit TRA (registration of new applicant) application form.Click here
- TRA review the application form (1 working day)
- TRA will provide registration reference number.
- Applicant may start the Type Approval Process below.
Step 2: Submit your request to TRA
The appropriate application form shall be submitted to the authority using the form provided by the authority (Arabic or English)
- Telecommunication Equipment. Click here
- Terminal Equipment. Click here
- Passive Equipment (External Antenna). Click here
Applicants must attach the following documents to the application and send to (email@example.com)
- Valid Declaration of Conformity Certificate with a list of standards (Safety, EMC & Radio) (ITU, ISO, ETSI, etc.) the equipment is conforming.
- Technical Datasheet
- Copy of the supplier Bahraini Commercial registration certificate
Step 3: Upon Acceptance of a valid and complete application, a non-refundable payment must be paid to the TRA to review the application.
- The Modification Fee is charged in the event of any change made to an existing Equipment Approval within the applicable year;
- The Renewal Fee is charged in the event if Equipment Approval needs to be renewed without any changes in equipment characteristics for new period;
Step 4: For Telecommunication Equipment a maximum of 14 working days
Step 5: For CE marked Telecommunication Equipment a maximum of 7 working days.
Step 6: TRA shall issue the approval/rejection and notify the applicant accordingly
*Telecommunications Equipment: any equipment or apparatus used or intended to be used for Telecommunications and that is part of or connected, or comprises, a Telecommunications Network, and includes Radiocommunications Equipment.
**Terminal Devices: is a Telecommunications Equipment at either end of a Telecommunications link, serving a particular purpose and used to permit the stations involved to accomplish the mission for which the link was established. It includes, but is not limited to, mobile handhelds, fixed telephone terminals, devices available with Subscribers, etc.